AQUA NOR FORUM 2011 – The Presentations
Upscaling Land-based systems - Session Moderator: Jean-Paul Blancheton, IFREMER, France
- Noam Mozes, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Israel. "Investment and functioning cost of low energy treatment systems, optimal size of the treatment devices for minimal consumption of energy”
- Caterina Martins, University of the Algarve, Portugal/The Netherlands. "Closing the tap in RAS"
- Luigi Michaud, University of Messina, Italy. "Bacterial population management, optimisation of biofilter, relation to possible pathology"
- Steven Summerfelt, The Conservation Fund, USA. "Containment systems for biosecurity, escapes, alien species and other environmental factors"
Upscaling (Marine) cage systems- Session Moderator: Arne Fredheim, SINTEF and CREATE, Norway
- Tore Kristiansen, Institute of Marine Research, Norway. "Farming fish in large, exposed and/or submergible cages – biological challenges and technological constraints "
- Ulrik Ulriksen, OCEA AS, Norway. "Technologies to deliver feed and medication - effective delivery of pellets over large distances and a large surface area to improve consumption levels and reduce losses "
- Gunnar Senneset, SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture, Norway. "Farming intelligence: The control of the total process of farming by understanding the integrated use of equipment and the process of operations and combining this with knowledge of biological issues and the physical environment "
- Cato Lyngøy, Marine Harvest, Norway. "What is the ideal cage size? "
Upscaling the eco-system appraoch - Session Moderator: Max Troell, Beijer International Institute of Ecological Economics, Sweden
- Thierry Chopin et al., Canadian Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture Network (CIMTAN), University of New Brunswick, Canada. "Progression of the Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) concept and up-scaling of IMTA systems towards commercialisation". This presentation is not directly available here, but will form the basis of the feature article to be published in the December edition of our Aquaculture Europe magazine.
- Bela H. Buck, AWI, Germany. "Upscaling IMTA in offshore environments - challenges and possibilities "
- Margareth Øverland, UMB, Aquaculture Protein Centre, Norway. “Ecological feeds - Impact of conventional versus alternative diets in integrated aquaculture systems "
- Geir Lasse Taranger, IMB, Bergen, Norway. "Biological and technological methods to minimize risk of disease and parasite load from salmon farms to wild stocks ".