What is EAStalk?
EAS talk is a series of webinars that are coordinated and moderated by the EAS secretariat.
The series aims to present a wide range of subjects that reflect the multi-disciplinary nature of EAS and the aquaculture community in general. This includes overviews of aquaculture research areas, production and technologies (including from EAS Corporate members), but also mixed with presentations on our network and its benefits and specific topics for our large student community.
EAS talk webinars are held on the first Tuesday of each month. They last for 45 minutes, with 30 minutes presentation time and 15 minutes for Q&A.
After the webinar, videos are posted on our YouTube Channel and are available there for a month. After that time, they are archived in the Members’ Section of aquaeas.eu.
If you would like to propose topics (and presenters) for EAS talk, please contact us on ana @ aquaeas.eu.
- October 6, 14:00 (CET/Brussels time), Dr Constantinos C Mylonas - “Preparing a manuscript for scientific publishing”. Register here to attend the webinar.
- September 1, 2020: Andrew Richardson - "InnovaFeed: Scalable Insect Solutions, for Sustainable Seafood". The video is available here.
Videos available just for our members in the Videos section down below:
- August 11, 2020: Sigurður Bogason - "VALUMICS H2020 PROJECT- Understanding food value chain and network dynamics - THE SALMON CASE STUDY'"
- July 15, 2020: Dr. Myron Peck - "The effects of climate change on the European aquaculture sector"
- July 7, 2020: Sander van den Burg - "Sustainable seaweed production in Europe: economic and environmental insights from the GENIALG project"
- June 16, 2020: Joanna Gosling & James Taylor - "Maximising the potential of coordinated national research – ARCH-UK"
- June 9, 2020: Dr. Katerina Kousoulaki, a senior researcher at NOFIIMA - "Microalgae applications in aquaculture, preprocessing and documentation of bioactive properties in salmon farming"
- May 26, 2020: Dr. Pantelis Katharios, a senior researcher at the Institute of Marine Biology, Biotechnology and Aquaculture of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research - "Phage therapy as an alternative treatment in aquaculture. Applications in fish hatcheries".
- May 12, 2020: Martin Føre, Associate Professor at Department of Engineering Cybernetics, NTNU - "Precision farming, AI and big data".
- April 7, 2020: Javier Ojeda, Chair of the Aquaculture Advisory Council (AAC) - "The role of the Aquaculture Advisory Council"The role of the Aquaculture Advisory Council".
- March 3, 2020: Dr. Åsa Maria O. Espmark, Senior Scientist in Nofima - 'CtrlAqua: Contribution to future aquaculture'.
- February 5, 2020: Dr. Marc Vandeputte, a fish geneticist at INRAE - Selective breeding for better farmed fish: how to improve economical and ecological efficiency.
- January 7, 2020: Jonna Tomkiewicz, a Senior Researcher at DTU AQUA National Institute of Aquatic Resources, and a moderator of Eel Thematic Group. Jonna gave a presentation on Closing the European eel life cycle: progress and persistent challenges developing eel hatchery technology.
- December 3, 2019: Kathrin Steinberg, (Aquaculture Stewardship Council) - The ASC - certification and cooperation.
- November 5, 2019: Maria Kowalczuk (Springer Nature) - Predatory publications and predatory conferences.
- October 1, 2019: Alexandra Neyts, (EATIP) - EATiP: Co-creating aquaculture awareness on a European level.
- September 3, 2019: professor Gavin Burnell - Aquaponics in Europe.
Guidelines - How to connect?
Guidelines for presenters