What is EAStalk?
EAS talk is a series of webinars that are coordinated and moderated by the EAS secretariat.
The series aims to present a wide range of subjects that reflect the multi-disciplinary nature of EAS and the aquaculture community in general. This includes overviews of aquaculture research areas, production and technologies (including from EAS Corporate members), but also mixed with presentations on our network and its benefits and specific topics for our large student community.
EAS talk webinars are held on the first Tuesday of each month. They last for 45 minutes, with 30 minutes presentation time and 15 minutes for Q&A.
After the webinar, videos are posted on our YouTube Channel and are available there for a month. After that time, they are archived in the Members’ Section of aquaeas.eu.
If you would like to propose topics (and presenters) for EAS talk, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Next webinar will be on May12 at 14:00 (CET/Brussels time) with Martin Føre on "Precision farming, AI and big data". Registration link is available here.
- April 7, 2020: Javier Ojeda, Chair of the Aquaculture Advisory Council (AAC) - "The role of the Aquaculture Advisory Council"The role of the Aquaculture Advisory Council". Video is available here.
- March 3, 2020: Dr. Åsa Maria O. Espmark, Senior Scientist in Nofima - 'CtrlAqua: Contribution to future aquaculture'. Video is available here.
- February 5, 2020: Dr. Marc Vandeputte, a fish geneticist at INRAE - Selective breeding for better farmed fish: how to improve economical and ecological efficiency. The video is available just for our members in our Videos section.
- January 7, 2020: Jonna Tomkiewicz, a Senior Researcher at DTU AQUA National Institute of Aquatic Resources, and a moderator of Eel Thematic Group. Jonna gave a presentation on Closing the European eel life cycle: progress and persistent challenges developing eel hatchery technology. The video is available just for our members in our Videos section.
- December 3, 2019: Kathrin Steinberg, (Aquaculture Stewardship Council) - The ASC - certification and cooperation. The video is available just for our members in our Videos section.
- November 5, 2019: Maria Kowalczuk (Springer Nature) - Predatory publications and predatory conferences. The video is available just for our members in our Videos section.
- October 1, 2019: Alexandra Neyts, (EATIP) - EATiP: Co-creating aquaculture awareness on a European level. The video is available just for our members in our Videos section.
- September 3, 2019: professor Gavin Burnell, Aquaponics in Europe. The video is available just for our members in our Videos section.
Guidelines - How to connect?
Guidelines for presenters