AQUA NOR FORUM 2007 – The Presentations (click on the title to open the presentation in PDF format):
MY FIRST HOME - Session Moderator: Kjell-Inge Reitan, SINTEF, Norway
- Grete Baeverfjord, Akvaforsk, Institute of Aquaculture Research, Norway. "The fish larvae - future source of profit or potential disaster?”
- Eamonn O'Brien, Skretting, Marine Feeds, Belgium. "Nutritional aspects related to larval rearing success in marine hatcheries"
- John Sweetman, Ecomarine Ltd., Greece. "The management of critical stressors in the hatchery environment and their impact on performance"
- Gunvor Øie, Sintef Fisheries and Aquaculture, Norway. "New technology in larval rearing"
MY LAND HOME - Session Moderator: Sunil Kadri, University of Glasgow & Aquaculture Innovation, UK
- Sunil Kadri, Aquaculture Innovation & University of Glasgow, UK. "Fish welfare and land-based systems: an introduction"
- Jean-Paul Blancheton, IFREMER, France. "Fish welfare in land-based production systems from flow through to recirculation in relation to water quality and fish density"
- Hilde Toften, Fiskeriforskning, Norwegian Institute of Fisheries & Aquaculture Research, Norway. "If welfare is important? Focus on intensity and water quality in salmon smolt production"
- William Harris, MariCal Inc, USA. "Analysis of the relationships between smolt quality and seawater performance"
- Hans van de Vis, Wageningen IMARES, Dept. Aquaculture, The Netherlands. "Stunning of farmed fish: assessment and implications for product quality"
- Rian Schelvis-Smit, Wageningen IMARES, The Netherlands. "Consumer perception of farmed fish and farmed fish production"
MY SEA HOME - Session Moderator: Alexandra Neyts, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Geir Lasse Taranger, Institute of Marine Research, Department of Aquaculture, Norway. "Welfare biology in sea cage culture of salmon and sea bass"
- Bob Waller, Freedom Food Ltd, UK. "Profit through welfare"
- Kjell Maroni, FHL - Norwegian Seafood Federation, Norway. "Technological challenges in sea cage welfare"
- Mary Ellen Walling, BC Salmon Farmers Association, Canada. "Animal welfare in aquaculture - the new issue for aquaculture critics"
Optimising welfare in fish containment systems - Contributions:
- Arne Fredheim, SINTEF Fisheries and Aquaculture, Aquaculture Technology, Norway. "New concepts in cage technology, based on multi-disciplinary research"
- Olav Breck et al., Marine Harvest Norway AS, MHN, Norway. "Rearing environment, monitoring and welfare challenges in commercial sea cages"
- Trond Lysklaett, Aqualine AS, Norway. "New cage design features"
- Patrick Dempster, Akva Group, Norway. "The development of control and automation systems for the optimisation of welfare in fish farming"
Optimising welfare in handling operations - Contributions:
- Kjell Midling, Norwegian Institute of Fisheries & Aquaculture Research, Norway. "New slaughter legislation in Norway, implications for welfare and technology"
- Sinan Toplu, Bio-Sis Su Ürünleri, Bio-sis Aquaculture, Turkey. "Optimising welfare for routine handling in commercial production"
- Ian Armstrong, Nevis Marine Ltd, UK. "Closed valve harvesting in Scotland using Freedom Food approved wellboats"